HIV / AIDS Services
Healthcare For You, Near You
The Wellness Center has been providing comprehensive HIV and AIDS care to the Richmond community since 2001. This program is funded through the Ryan White CARE act, a federal grant focused on providing care for individuals unable to pay for medical treatment related to HIV infections. Whether you meet the financial criteria set forth by Ryan White or not, you can still receive medical treatment at the Wellness Center. Insured Medicare and Medicaid patients are also accepted.
The Center is presently staffed with a family nurse practitioner, two nurses, and two case managers. The following medical and supportive services are available:
The Wellness Center Support Services:
- Primary care (physical and gynecological exams)
- Health assessments
- Education about HIV and living with HIV, medications, and other health issues
- Vaccinations and prescriptions
- Individual and group counseling
- Referrals for mental health/substance abuse, food pantries, emergency shelters, housing, employment and financial assistance.
Phyllis Mann - Supervisor
Tel: (804) 253-1965
Tonya Pacelli - Case Manager
Tel: (804) 253-1961