Medical Social Workers are on-site at the Vernon J. Harris Medical Center to assist patients with financial issues and to make referrals to other health and social service agencies.
Financial assistance comes from several resources including but not limited to:
- VCC financial screening for the uninsured
- Edloe's pharmacy for discounts on meds
- FAMIS applications (Medicaid for children)
- VA WIC for nutrition
- Ryan White for HIV/AIDS patients
- CAHN's Pharmacy Connections program for FREE brand name medications